STATUS: Salary, Exempt
PAY RATE: DOE
START DATE: ASAP
Voted Best Places to Work for six years, we are a dynamic, San Diego based company with a team of experienced HR professionals offering payrolling, staffing, pre-screening, international services, and overall HR-related solutions for temporary workers and contractors. Our dedication to customer service and focus on utilizing technology for streamlining processes is our core philosophy.
StaffingNation is TargetCW’s proprietary Contingent Workforce Management tool, which manages the full cycle of contingent workers from job requisition management to fully automated onboarding. Our tech team is composed of passionate software engineers. We maintain a culture where developers are encouraged to learn and grow their skills with new products and technologies. We believe in an open exchange of ideas and knowledge, and personal growth.
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer/PHP Developer to join our fast-growing team, responsible for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements designed by our designer.
You will be a key member of our engineering team, assist in making decisions that will drive the future of our platform’s experience. You will integrate user-facing elements given by our designer, write efficient, testable, and reusable PHP code, and solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges. You will have a passion for building a product with a UX that is beautifully designed.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Understanding of Software Architecture and Lifecycle
- Strong understanding of Software Best Practices
- Experience with PHP MVC frameworks (Yii2, Symfony, Laravel)
- Experience with responsive layouts and mobile design
- Understanding of *nix command line
- Knowledge of Git or source management tools
- Strong desire to stay up-to-date with software trends and cutting-edge technology
- Experience in collaboration with Designers and Project Managers to define and achieve realistic solutions based on requirements, and ensure meeting of steady deadlines
- Experience in collaboration with other developers for engineering spec and documentation
- Experience with TDD/BDD Methodology
- Experience with Yii2
- Experience with Bash, Docker, Vagrant, Redis
- Experience working within AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, ElastiCache, etc)
- Experience with writing and maintaining JSON APIs
- Understanding of other languages (Python, Ruby, Node, Go, etc)
- Experience with CI/CD systems (Jenkins, TravisCI, etc)
- Active participant and contributor to the open-source community
- Previous startup experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in the HR, Staffing, Payrolling, and/or VMS space
Salary & Benefits:
TargetCW offers a full benefits package including a cafeteria, gym, monthly massages, continuous training and much more! We have a unique working culture that we are sure you’ll enjoy. Check us out!
Visit www.targetcw.com/meet-tcw to learn more about our amazing team!
TargetCW is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, ethnicity, gender, nationality, religious belief or sexual orientation.