STATUS: Salary, Exempt
REPORTS TO: HR Manager – Benefits
START DATE: ASAP
Voted Best Places to Work for six years, we are a dynamic, San Diego based company with a team of experienced HR professionals offering payrolling, staffing, pre-screening, international services, and overall HR related solutions for temporary workers and contractors. Our dedication to customer service and focus on utilizing technology for streamlining processes is our core philosophy.
We are seeking a highly detailed, customer service friendly Benefits Data Specialist to join our team! The Benefits Data Specialist is responsible for the administration, processes, and controls associated with our company’s benefits programs. The Benefits Data Specialist is responsible for verifying, moving, and troubleshooting large amounts of data using multiple systems. The position audits monthly premium deductions and reconciles monthly benefit carrier invoices. The position also administers the 1095-C annual reporting and filing, healthcare city ordinances, and state benefit compliance reporting. The role will also have a high volume of communication with employees, clients, and vendors regarding benefits.
- Reconciles monthly invoices from multiple benefits carriers
- Creates and transmits electronic files through benefits administration platforms
- Applies Microsoft Excel’s advanced features such as pivot tables, lookup functions, text conversion, etc. to efficiently prepare and analyze data
- Monitors benefits eligibility and assists employees with benefits enrollment process
- Processes changes and updates to benefit elections, health savings, wellness reimbursements, and personnel information.
- Enters and maintains employee information in benefit databases and external benefit carrier databases
- Review and process provider bills accurately and on time, including reporting to finance and HR management
- Ensure compliance with ACA, COBRA, FMLA, HIPAA, and other federal/state regulations
- Stay abreast of current trends and regulatory issues surrounding benefit plan design and administration
- Responsible for employee communication regarding the company’s benefits programs such as health & welfare plans, spending accounts, voluntary benefits, COBRA, etc. and coordination with the Account Management team to respond to employee benefits questions
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in HR-related field preferred
- 1-3 years progressive experience in employee benefits; Strong analytical and financial skills required
- Ability to multi-task, be organized, and manage time wisely
- Flexible and able to work under time constraints to ensure that deadlines are met
- Strong focus on teamwork and ability to collaborate well with team members
- Detailed and process improvement oriented
- Demonstrated experience providing service for and responding to requests from employees and leaders at all levels; Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to solve problems when limited data is available, including the ability to independently research, troubleshoot, and resolve discrepancies
- Proficient Excel skills; Ability to manipulate large sets of data and provide analytical support
- Ability to collaborate internally with TargetCW benefits, payroll, and other staff as well as externally with vendors
- Demonstrated ability to handle extremely confidential information with a high degree of professionalism
Salary & Benefits
This position offers full-time benefits, including a comprehensive benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Visit www.targetcw.com/meet-tcw to learn more about our amazing team!
TargetCW is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, ethnicity, gender, nationality, religious belief or sexual orientation.