It takes a lot of effort and top recruitment skills to maintain and keep great employees. However, there are a few in the team that shine and stand out. Here are five things these employees might be spotted doing.
- These employees treat the company as if it were their own. They take actions such as keeping expenses low and make decisions keeping in mind the future of the company.
- They love learning about every part of the business. This employee wants to learn about finance, sales, operations, and other departments within the company. This employee wants to understand every aspect of the company to innovate and impact greatly.
- Proactive employees are always looking to improve ways of working. They give feedback even when not asked and propose new implementations.
- Aren’t afraid to disagree. They give opinions they truly believe in are not only right but that they believe will also help the company even if they it is an opposing opinion from their colleague.
- Great employees drive themselves and have high standards for their work. These employees are self-motivating and often work greatly independently of supervision.
What can you do for these great employees?
- Invest in seminars hosted by the head of each department.
- Encourage initiatives by rewarding feedback.
- Have an open door policy where being honest is accepted.
- Encourage personal development by short weekly meetings to touch base and offer mentorship to employees in your department.