2020 Health Plan Information
Group Benefit Highlights:
Who’s Eligible to Enroll?
Full-time employees scheduled to work at least 30 hours per week are eligible to enroll in medical, dental and vision coverage. New full-time employees will be able to begin enrolling in coverage on the 7th of the month prior to their benefits effective date. For those that enroll, coverage is effective the first of the month following at least 30 days of employment.
- For new hires: Benefits are effective the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Open Enrollment is offered once per year for employees to add, make changes to, or cancel benefits.
- Outside of Open Enrollment, changes to the plan can only be made within 30 days of a qualifying family status change (marriage, divorce, the birth of a child, etc.).
- Full-time employees working a minimum of 30 hours per week are eligible to enroll.
- When you enroll in a plan, premiums are automatically deducted from your paycheck pre-tax, on or after your effective start date of benefits.
- IMPORTANT: If you are no longer an active TargetCW employee due to voluntary or involuntary termination, employee coverage terminates on the last day of the month in which the termination occurs. Any owed insurance premiums from prior or current month(s) will be deducted from your final paycheck. Insurance coverage is subject to termination for employees that go 30 days without paying premiums.
How To Enroll:
TargetCW employees will use PlanSource to manage their benefit selections. This system allows you to sign up for benefits and even review your elections at any time.
* Please note, there is a waiting period for enrolling in benefits. You will not be able to login to the benefits portal until the 7th of the month prior to your benefits effective date. At that time, you will receive an email from our benefits department with login information and directions. If you’re eligible for benefits and do not receive an email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to the chart below for your enrollment window and benefits effective date.
- Please visit http://www.targetcwbenefitslogin.com/
- Enter your username and password.
Username: the first initial of your first name, the first six characters of your last name, and the last four digits of your Social Security number
Password: your date of birth in a number format without any punctuation, starting with the year you were born, then the month and then the date (YYYYMMDD)
- Follow the prompts to walk through your enrollment.
For our brochure listing or plan options please email email@example.com.
To find providers in your area please use our Provider Locator
Can I Change My Coverage Anytime?
Once the enrollment window has closed and/ or once benefits are effective, employees are not able to make any changes to their coverage(s) until the end of the year during Open Enrollment. Otherwise, to make changes outside of the enrollment period, you must have a qualifying event that satisfies federal regulations. New elections and supporting documentation must be completed and submitted within 30 days from the date of your Life Event. To complete the life event process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.
Examples of Qualified Life Events
If one of the following qualifying events occurs, you may make changes to your benefits that are consistent with the event.
- Marriage, legal separation or divorce
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Change in eligibility of a child
- Death of a dependent family member
- Change in the employment status of your Spouse / Domestic Partner
- Your Spouse / Domestic Partner reaches age 65 and is covered by Medicare
- FMLA special requirements • HIPAA special enrollment rights
- Increase or reduction of hours that changes employment status
- Transfer to or from benefits-eligible position
Employee Cost of Coverage
Your cost of coverage will vary depending on the plan option and tier you choose. Medical, dental, and vision contributions are deducted pre-tax from each paycheck, saving you tax dollars.
*IMPORTANT: If you are no longer an active TargetCW employee due to voluntary or involuntary termination, employee coverage terminates on the last day of the month in which the termination occurs. Any owed insurance premiums from prior or current month(s) will be deducted from your final paycheck. Insurance coverage is subject to termination for employees that go 30 days without paying premiums.
Employment Statuses & ACA 12-month look-back Measurement
Full-time: Employee is expected to work on average 30+ hours a week or 130 hours per month. Hours are measured and tracked for the first year of employment. Per the ACA 12-month lookback, if hours do not meet the requirements and shows the employee is not full time, the employee would not be eligible for coverage the following year.
Part-time: Employee is expected to work on average less than 30 hours a week. Part-time workers are not eligible for benefits. If the employee averages 130 hours per month in their first year, coverage will be offered at that time. Once an employee enrolls, they will be in a stability period until hours are evaluated prior to open enrollment to confirm eligibility for the following year. The stability period allows the employee to retain coverage as long as they are consistently receiving paychecks and paying premiums.
Variable: Employee will be working a different number of hours from week to week (this includes On-Call workers). Variable worker hours are tracked for the first year. If the employee averages 130 hours per month in their first year, coverage will be offered at that time. Once an employee enrolls, they will be in a stability period until hours are evaluated prior to open enrollment to confirm eligibility for the following year. The stability period allows the employee to retain coverage as long as they are consistently receiving paychecks and paying premiums.
TargetCW offers full coverage EPO and PPO plans through Cigna. This plan satisfies the requirement of Minimum Essential Coverage and Minimum Essential Value under the Affordable Care Act. Cigna plans offer co-payments for doctors’ visits and prescriptions, while also offering an out of pocket maximum so employees can have peace of mind in the event of a serious illness or accident.
As a Cigna Member, you can create an account at MyCigna.com to print forms/order ID cards, view claims, and coverage, and locate providers.
Call a Cigna One Guide representative during pre-enrollment and after enrollment to get personalized and useful guidance at (888) 806-5042.
TargetCW also offers an HMO and a PPO dental plan through Cigna. Overall good health includes a healthy mouth, gums, and teeth. Gum disease can cause health conditions, like heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and other diseases. Getting regular dental checkups can reduce your risk.
Cigna’s dental plan makes it easier to manage good oral health. Here’s how:
- Covers most preventive care at low-cost or no extra-cost to you
- Includes screening for oral cancer and other types of care*
- The fees you pay – or copays – are clearly listed on your Patient Charge Schedule (PCS), so you know what you’ll pay beforehand.
TargetCW offers vision coverage through VSP. VSP offers access to great eye doctors, quality eyewear, and the affordability you deserve, all at low out-of-pocket costs.
As a VSP member, you can create an account at www.vsp.com to view your in-network coverage, find the VSP network doctor who’s right for you, and discover savings with exclusive member extras.
Call VSP Member Services at 1-800-877-7195 if you have additional questions about your vision benefits.
Please Call (858) 810-3000 or email us at email@example.com